How User-Generated Content Can Skyrocket Your Marketing Efforts
Every day, people create a lot of online content for their social media feeds. And that content is consumed by millions of people around the world.
Just imagine how much brands could benefit if they could leverage that user generated content.
It saves a lot of time and money that you would otherwise spend on branded content creation and distribution, and the best part is that people trust user-generated content more than they trust branded content.
A study showed that 60% of consumers find user-generated content to be the most authentic form of content. You can get user-generated content for free and get your audience to trust you more. That’s killing two birds with one stone.
So, why not put all of that user-generated content to good use and leverage it to improve your marketing efforts?
LET’S LOOK INTO SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF USER-GENERATED CONTENT THAT WILL GET YOU TO JUMP ON THIS BANDWAGON.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USER-GENERATED CONTENT?
It Provides Social Proof.
- People often consider others’ opinions and actions before buying a product. User-generated content helps customers validate their buying decisions by seeing other people using that product.
- People trust the influencers that they follow and when they see an influencer using a product, it encourages them to buy it as well.
- According to Twitter there is an 88% increase in purchase intent when an influencer promotes a brand.
It Showcases Products in Use
- Seeing products in use by actual customers or authority figures helps customers make their own buying decisions. Plus, you can also see the different ways to use or carry a product when you see it in use. This helps alleviate any concerns a person might have about buying the product.
It Saves Time and Money
- User-generated content is created by people who use the products and not by brands. So, the brand does not need to hire people to create content.
- This type of content saves a lot of money, time, and effort for the brands. And, if they run a contest or encourage people to generate content, then it also drives consumer engagement.
TYPES OF USER-GENERATED CONTENT
- Just like branded content, user-generated content also comes in various types and forms.
- Many may be left wondering what exactly user generated content refers to or looks like. Let’s take a look at the most common types of user-generated content leveraged by brands to grow their sales:
- These are the comments on your company’s blog posts, product pages on e-commerce sites, and social media posts. Brands can get more comments on their posts or blogs by adding a call-to-action (CTA) such as asking the readers to share their experiences of using the products or services. Customer Reviews and Ratings
- This type of content includes reviews provided by people who have bought and used a company’s products. These are one of the most important types of user-generated content.
How to Get More Reviews
- When you are trying to build a better image for your brand or product, send a post-purchase email to customers to ask for reviews. Incentivize customers to write reviews by offering them coupons or loyalty reward points in exchange.
Expert Product Reviews
- These are reviews done by a relevant third-party, such as influencers or bloggers, and are often paid reviews.
- To identify and manage influencers in your niche, you can use online tools.
- User generated content, like, product reviews, doesn’t necessarily have to be detailed and posted on a blog or on the company website. People write product reviews in social media posts all the time. Brands can ask influencers to write reviews and post them on social media, where they have a good follower base.
- Brand mentions mean that a user or influencer mentioned a brand in their social media post or Story. These are important because they enhance your brand visibility among the user’s followers.
WAYS TO LEVERAGE USER-GENERATED CONTENT TO MARKET YOUR PRODUCTS
LET’S TAKE A LOOK AT SOME OF THE BEST WAYS TO LEVERAGE USER-GENERATED CONTENT TO GROW YOUR PRODUCT SALES AND GROW YOUR OVERALL BUSINESS REVENUE THROUGH THESE MARKETING TECHNIQUES.
Showcase User-Generated Photos on Your Website
- Showcasing user-generated photos is an excellent way to lend authenticity to your product images and influence buyer purchase decisions.
- This is a more clever marketing technique than just pasting a link in your posts, as this can take the customers directly to the product listing. There are options to add buy buttons on most social media platforms, such as Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook.
- The “swipe up to buy” feature on Instagram Stories can be used by brands that have more than 10,000 followers.
Implement User-Generated Content in Your Emails
- Your brand can utilize a few types of user generated content in your email marketing strategy to attract more customers.
- This is a great way to include user-generated photos or customer’s product reviews while also giving customers an idea of what the best-selling products are.
Use User-Generated Content to Build a Community
- Several brands add a Q&A page or chat forums where customers can share reviews and ask or answer questions. They can also discuss other topics related to the brand or their products. This not only increases customer engagement, but also increases sales as customers return to the brand’s website more frequently.
User-generated content is an effective way to skyrocket your sales. You can use the tactics mentioned above to grow your business, and if you need help, remember our experts are always available to help you out.